- Any of different paired spherical micro-organisms, including those of genus Diplococcus, some of which are pathogenic.
- A coccus that typically occurs in groups of two
- a kind of micrococcus in which cocci are united in a binary way. See micrococcus.
- In biology, a coupled spherule; a cell or comparable organism resulting from the process of conjugation of two or more cells.
- [capitalized] A generic title erroneously applied by some authors to particular species of micrococcus where cells take place in pairs.
- Gram-positive micro-organisms generally happening in sets
- any one of different paired spherical micro-organisms, including those of the genus Diplococcus, several of that are pathogenic.
- A coccus that usually does occur in groups of two
- A form of micrococcus for which cocci tend to be united in a binary manner. See micrococcus.
- In biology, a coupled spherule; a cell or similar organism resulting from the entire process of conjugation of several cells.
- [capitalized] A generic title erroneously applied by some article authors to specific types of micrococcus where the cells occur in sets.
- Gram-positive micro-organisms often happening in pairs
Sentence for "diplococcus"
- Wolf, watching a naked child defecate…
Cross Reference for "diplococcus"
Etymologically Related for "diplococcus"
Variant for "diplococcus"