- An action to recover possession or even the worth of property wrongfully detained.
- The writ authorizing such action.
- Law The work of unlawfully detaining personal residential property.
- A legal activity to reclaim items wrongfully detained.
- people or thing detained.
- in-law, a vintage form of activity, today little-used, taken to recuperate ownership of particular articles of personal residential property unlawfully detained.
Definition for "detinue"
- An action to recover possession or even the…
Sentence for "detinue"