- A withholding from the rightful owner of residential property which have lawfully come right into the possession of existing owner.
- The detention of someone, particularly in custody.
- A writ authorizing the further detention of one in custody, pending further activity.
- The right to keep a person, or an individual's products or property, against his might. A kind of custody.
- person who detains.
- The keeping ownership of what belongs to a different; detention of something another's, even though the original taking might have been lawful. Forcible detainer is indictable at common-law.
- A writ authorizing the keeper of a prison to continue to help keep one in custody.
- one that withholds; one that detains, prevents, or stops from continuing.
- in-law, the simple fact of being detained or held in custody: as, a writ of habeas corpus may issue to ask in to the detainer of a prisoner.
Sentence for "detainer"
Cross Reference for "detainer"
Same Context for "detainer"