- The act of going downward; lineage; dropping or sinking; declension; degradation.
- The act of going down or downward; descent, either literal or figurative.
- A falling or precipitation; fall; declension.
- In old chemistry, the deposition or precipitation associated with the important liquid dissolved from distilled matter. See distillation by descent, under descent.
- In old astronomy, negative ascension, the angular amount in which the projection of a star through the pole upon the equinoctial is below some horizon.
Sentence for "descension"
- Any political descension among Cuban Americans…
Synonym for "descension"