- A machine for hoisting and moving heavy things, composed of a movable boom equipped with cables and pulleys and attached to the base of an upright stationary beam.
- A tall framework over a drilled opening, particularly an oil well, familiar with help boring gear or hoist and reduced lengths of pipeline.
- A device that is used for lifting and going large items
- A framework this is certainly built over a mine or oil well for the purpose of boring or decreasing pipes.
- A mast, spar, or high framework, supported at the very top by remains or men, and usually pivoted at base, with appropriate tackle for hoisting hefty loads, particularly rocks in building.
- The pyramidal framework or tower over a-deep drill hole, eg compared to an oil fine (also called an oil derrick .
- An apparatus for lifting and going heavy weights.
- The expense framework used in drilling the holes for oil-wells, and which continues to be in position after the humdrum is completed and drilling equipment is removed.
- an easy crane having lifting tackle slung from a boom
- a framework erected over an oil fine allowing drill tubes becoming raised and decreased
- Definition for "derrick"
- A machine for hoisting and moving heavy things,…
- View More
- Sentence for "derrick"
- Verb Forms for "derrick"
- Phrases for "derrick"
- Rhyme for "derrick"
- Hypernym for "derrick"
- Cross Reference for "derrick"
- Same Context for "derrick"
- Urban Dictionary for "derrick"
- A funny yet comprehending man. Constantly…
- View More