- Statistics some of the unrestricted, separate random variables that constitute a statistic.
- Physics the minimum number of coordinates necessary to specify totally the motion of a mechanical system.
- Physics some of the independent thermodynamic factors, including force, heat, or structure, required to specify a system with certain quantity of stages and components.
- the coordinates, a minimum number of that are necessary to specify the movement of a mechanical system
- Any of the separate factors necessary to specify the thermodynamic condition of a method containing components and stages
- Any unrestricted adjustable in a frequency distribution
- (data) an unrestricted adjustable in a frequency circulation
- one of the minimal number of variables needed to describe the state of a physical system
Quotes for "degree of freedom"
- "An open society is a society…"
Hypernym for "degree of freedom"