- To counteract the magnetic field of (a ship, like).
- To erase information from (a magnetic disk or any other storage unit).
- to cut back or expel a magnetic industry, specifically from hull of a ship, or from a computer monitor
- make nonmagnetic; get rid of the magnetized properties (of)
- which will make a (steel) ship's hull nonmagnetic through the use of an opposing magnetic industry.
- to eliminate irregular magnetization in (the electron weapon of a cathode-ray pipe); -- regularly enhance display quality, especially in computer system monitors.
Sentence for "degauss"
- Computer monitors When you press "degauss"…
Verb Forms for "degauss"
Hypernym for "degauss"
Urban Dictionary for "degauss"