- The act of cancelling part of a claim by deducting a smaller claim which the claimant owes to the defendant.
- A lopping down; a diminution; abatement; deficit. Particularly: reduced amount of a claim by deducting a counterclaim; set- down.
- whatever is lopped off, reduced, or abated.
- An abstraction of money, etc., by an officer or broker having it in trust; an embezzlement.
- The act of cutting off or deducting a part; abatement; curtailment; specifically, in law, the reduced total of a claim or need on agreement by the level of a counter-claim.
- whatever is take off; deficit.
- A deficiency through breach of trust by person who has the management or cost of funds belonging to others; a fraudulent deficiency in cash issues.
- the sum of money that is misappropriated
- the deceptive appropriation of resources or property entrusted to your attention but in fact possessed by some other person
- Definition for "defalcation"
- The act of cancelling part of a claim…
- View More
- Sentence for "defalcation"
- But the government school monopolists and…
- View More
- Synonym for "defalcation"
- Hypernym for "defalcation"
- Etymologically Related for "defalcation"
- Same Context for "defalcation"