- certainly one of a body of ten Roman magistrates, specifically a part of just one of two such figures appointed in 451 and 450 B.C. to-draw up a code of laws and regulations.
- One of an authoritative human body of ten.
- One of a body of ten magistrates in old Rome.
- a part of any human body of ten men in expert.
- One of a body of ten magistrates in ancient Rome.
- an associate of any body of ten men in expert.
- among ten men, or decemviri, the title of four differently constituted figures in ancient Rome.
- By extension, one of any official human anatomy of men, ten in number. since the old Council of Ten in Venice.
Sentence for "decemvir"
- Rome, and Appius Claudius, the decemvir…
Cross Reference for "decemvir"
Same Context for "decemvir"