Definition for "decapod"
- A crustacean of the order Decapoda, such as…
Sentence for "decapod"
- The French embassy said a year-long…
- A crustacean of the order Decapoda, such as for example a crab, lobster, or shrimp, characteristically having ten feet, each joined up with to a segment regarding the thorax.
- A cephalopod mollusk, including a squid or cuttlefish, having ten armlike tentacles.
- Any of numerous animals having ten legs or comparable appendages, specially mollusks such as for example squid and cuttlefish.
- Any crustacean, regarding the purchase Decapoda, particularly crabs or lobsters.
- A nickname for either the 0-10-0 or 2-10-0 train configurations. Sometimes capitalized.
- A crustacean with ten foot or feet, as a crab; among the Decapoda. Additionally used adjectively, .
- In Crustacea, a decapodous or ten-footed crustacean, as a crab, lobster, shrimp, or prawn; among Decapoda.
- In Mollusca, a decacerous or ten-armed cephalopod; among the Decapoda.
- In addition, seldom, decapode.
- In mech., a ten-wheeled locomotive; purely, a locomotive having eight driving-wheels and a single truck: a type employed for hauling hefty freight-trains.
- crustaceans characteristically having five sets of locomotor appendages each joined to a segment associated with the thorax
- cephalopods having eight short tentacles plus two lengthy ones
- Of or regarding the Decapoda or a decapod.
- Having ten feet, as a crustacean, or ten rays or hands, as a cephalopod; with respect to the Decapoda either in good sense. Additionally decapodal, decapodous.