- a rapid slowing when you look at the rate of temperature rise in a metal being heated, caused by endothermic structural modifications and resulting in a darkening for the metal.
- The sudden absorption of heat by iron which is observed when that substance is heated to about 795° C.: opposed to recalescence.
- trend that develops when a metal will be heated and there's a sudden slowing inside rate of temperature increase; slowing is caused by a modification of the inner crystal construction of the steel
- Definition for "decalescence"
- a rapid slowing when you look at the…
- View More
- Hypernym for "decalescence"