- to create deaf, specially momentarily by a loud sound.
- To make soundproof.
- which will make deaf; to deprive of power of hearing; to make incompetent at perceiving noises distinctly.
- To render impervious to appear, as a partition or floor, by completing the room within with mortar, by coating with paper, etc.
- resulting in permanent or temporary deafness.
- to create deaf, either briefly or completely
- to produce soundproof
- make or render deaf
- be unbearably noisy
- make soundproof
- To make deaf; deprive of this power of hearing.
- To stun; render incapable of perceiving or discriminating noises distinctly: since, becoming deafened with clamor or tumult.
- In design, to render impervious to sound (as a door or a partition) in the form of sound-boarding or pugging.
- Definition for "deafen"
- to create deaf, specially momentarily by a loud…
- View More
- Sentence for "deafen"
- Verb Forms for "deafen"
- Phrases for "deafen"
- Hypernym for "deafen"
- Cross Reference for "deafen"
- Form for "deafen"
- Same Context for "deafen"