- Nautical A strong shutter or dish fastened over a ship's porthole or cabin screen in stormy weather condition.
- Nautical A thick window set in a ship's part or deck.
- A skylight built so that it can not be opened.
- a good shutter fitted over a porthole etc. that can be closed in poor weather
- a good shutter, meant to fit open ports and keep on water in a storm.
- Nautical, a very good wood or metal shutter fastened over a cabin-window or port-hole in rough-weather to prevent water from entering.
- A luminous appearance occasionally observed over putrescent animal systems.
- a solid shutter over a ship's porthole that is closed in stormy weather
Sentence for "deadlight"
Hypernym for "deadlight"
Urban Dictionary for "deadlight"