- An unclaimed or undelivered letter that over time of the time is damaged or returned to the transmitter because of the postal service.
- A law, directive, or factor however formally essentially but no more valid or enforced.
- something of post that simply cannot be delivered to its intended person; over time it really is gone back to the transmitter, or damaged
- A law that's not any longer implemented
- an such like. See under Dead, Drop, etc.
- post that may neither be delivered nor came back
- their state of something which has outlived its relevance
- That which features lost its force or expert; as, the law is becoming a dead page.
Sentence for "dead letter"
Hypernym for "dead letter"
Form for "dead letter"
Urban Dictionary for "dead letter"