- The ever-present, oppressive influence of past events: "Psychotherapy explores the ways in which the past has shaped people, and how its dead hand continues to deform their lives” ( James S. Gordon).
- identical to mortmain.
- genuine residential property held inalienably (as by an ecclesiastical corporation)
- the oppressive influence of past events or decisions
- a hand that will perhaps not alienate, at the time of a person civilly lifeless.
Sentence for "dead hand"
Hypernym for "dead hand"
Urban Dictionary for "dead hand"
- Male or female masturbation with a…