- person who achieves unexpected assistance and success as a political prospect, typically during a party's convention.
- A little-known, unexpectedly effective entrant, like in a horserace.
- an applicant who is selected unexpectedly, without formerly having already been discussed or regarded as a likely option.
- surprise success.
- a political applicant that is not dominant but could win unexpectedly
- a racehorse about which little is famous
Sentence for "dark horse"
Hypernym for "dark horse"
Urban Dictionary for "dark horse"