- In Greek antiquity, a type of vase with a long handle, made use of specifically for dipping, for using wine from crater to pour into the oinochoë or into the cup. It was usually made in the form of a ladle.
- a historical liquid measure, equal to /12 of a xestes, or ⅙ of a cotyle.
- In botany, a name sometimes fond of a little conical or cup-shaped organ or hole, among the receptacles regarding frond of Marchantia.
- [cap.] A genus of fungi from the Nidulariacei.
Sentence for "cyathus"
- Tonight Bill has got a specimen…
- View More