- Biology Comblike.
- Biology Having marginal projections that resemble tooth of a comb: a ctenoid fish.
- Having a toothed margin, usually fish scales
- Comb-like in shape.
- Having a comblike margin, as a ctenoid scale.
- with respect to the Ctenoidei.
- resembling a comb; having forecasts like the teeth of a comb
- A ctenoidean.
- A fish with ctenoid scales; the Ctenoidei.
- Comb-like; pectinate: especially applied— to a kind of scales in fishes when the posterior margin is pectinated, or beset with small spinules (see cut-under scale);
- to a form of dentition in fishes where the teeth have comb-like ridges.
- Pertaining to the Ctenoidei; having ctenoid scales, as a fish.
Sentence for "ctenoid"
- Pirate perch is a stout, dark-colored…
- View More