- Zoology A comblike framework, such as the respiratory apparatus of a mollusk or a-row of spines in a few pests.
- A respiratory system, by means of a comb, in a few molluscs
- a-row of spines in certain insects
- one of many gill-combs, gill-plumes, or ancient branchial body organs of mollusks; the respiratory organ of a mollusk in a generalized phase of development.
- comb-like respiratory construction providing while the gill of specific mollusks
Sentence for "ctenidium"
- This single gill, called a ctenidium…
Hypernym for "ctenidium"
Variant for "ctenidium"