- A soda-lime optical glass that's remarkably hard and obvious, with low refraction and reduced dispersion.
- a kind of screen glass made by whirling a glass bubble to produce a set circular disk with a lump remaining inside center by the glass blower's rod.
- See under Glass.
- a number of cup, utilized for making the best possible plate or window cup, and consisting really of silicate of soda or potash and lime, with no admixture of lead; the convex half of an achromatic lens comprises crown-glass; -- so named from a crownlike form trained with undergoing blowing.
- a beneficial top-notch common blown window-glass.
- a glass blown into a globe that will be later flattened and spun to make a disk
- optical cup of reduced dispersion and reasonable refractive index
Hypernym for "crown glass"
- View More