- A small lookout platform with a protective railing and windscreen, positioned near the top of a ship's mast or superstructure.
- an identical lookout platform positioned ashore.
- alternate spelling of crow's-nest.
- A box or system near the top of a mast, esp. in whalers, to shelter the person on the lookout.
- A barrel or field fitted through to the maintopmast-crosstrees or maintopgallant-crosstrees of an arctic or whaling vessel, for protection associated with the search man. Also known as bird's-nest.
- See Cycadeoidea.
- system for a lookout at or nearby the top of a mast
Sentence for "crow's-nest"
Hypernym for "crow's-nest"
Equivalent for "crow's-nest"
Same Context for "crow's-nest"