- A brownish-yellow, foul-smelling oil obtained through the seeds of a tropical Asian shrub or tiny tree (Croton tiglium) and previously used as a drastic purgative and counterirritant. Its use ended up being stopped because of its toxicity.
- A dark yellow, acrid oil, gotten through the seeds of plants associated with the genus Croton, once made use of as a serious purgative.
- a viscid, acrid, brownish yellow oil obtained through the seeds of Croton Tiglium, a little tree of East Indies. Its a most powerful drastic cathartic, and it is utilized externally as a pustulant.
- A vegetable oil expressed through the seeds of this Croton Tiglium. See Croton.
- viscid acrid brownish-yellow oil from seeds of Croton tiglium having a violent cathartic action
Hypernym for "croton oil"
- View More