- alternate type of cross-grained.
- getting the grain or fibers operate diagonally, or more or less transversely and irregularly, so as to hinder splitting or planing.
- Perverse; untractable; contrary; hard to handle.
- of timber; having fibers running irregularly in the place of in parallel
- tough to handle
- Having an irregular gnarled whole grain or fiber, as timber.
- For this reason Perverse; untractable; crabbed; refractory.
Sentence for "crossgrained"
- What crossgrained fiend has at once…
Synonym for "crossgrained"
Equivalent for "crossgrained"
Same Context for "crossgrained"