- any one of different finches associated with genus Loxia, having curved mandibles with slim guidelines that cross when the bill is closed.
- any one of various finches for the genus Loxia, whoever costs crosses over at the tips; they have been professional feeders on conifer cones.
- A bird of the genus Loxia, allied into the finches. Their particular mandibles are strongly curved and get across one another; the crossbeak.
- A bird for which each mandible of the bill is laterally deflected, so your recommendations of two mandibles cross both once the beak is shut.
- finch with a bill whose recommendations cross when closed
- view into the Vocabulary.
- A bill brought by a defendant, in an equity or chancery suit, from the plaintiff, respecting the problem in question for the reason that fit.
Sentence for "crossbill"
- The "cardinal grosbeak" (_Pitylus cardinalis_) with…
Hypernym for "crossbill"