Definition for "crinoline"
- A coarse rigid fabric of cotton fiber or…
Sentence for "crinoline"
Hypernym for "crinoline"
Cross Reference for "crinoline"
Same Context for "crinoline"
- A coarse rigid fabric of cotton fiber or horsehair used especially to line and stiffen hats and garments.
- A petticoat made from this fabric.
- A hoop top.
- A stiff fabric created from cotton fiber and horsehair
- A stiff petticoat made of this fabric
- A skirt stiffened with hoops
- some sort of stiff fabric, made use of mainly by females, for underskirts, to expand the gown worn over it; -- so-called because originally made of hair.
- a girl's dress made from any stiff product; latterly, a hoop dress.
- A stiff product initially made completely or in part of horsehair, whence title.
- For this reason A skirt made of this stuff or of every stiffened or starched material.
- A framework of fine steel or other hoops or springs, useful for distending the gown; a hoop-skirt. See farthingale and hoop-skirt.
- A contrivance donned by scuba divers in deep water to enable them to breathe much more freely. It's put across the human body and tied up as you're watching stomach.
- the full rigid petticoat made of crinoline fabric
- a stiff coarse material always stiffen hats or garments
- a skirt stiffened with hoops
- regarding or resembling a crinoline in structure.