- A metal glass, usually suspended on a-pole, containing burning oil or pitch and used as a torch.
- A metal glass, suspended from a pole and filled with burning up pitch etc; when utilized as lightweight lighting.
- A small furnace or metal cage to put on fire for charring the within of a cask, and making the staves flexible.
- An open frame or basket of iron, filled with combustible material, to be burned as a beacon; an open lamp or firrepan continued a pole in nocturnal processions.
- a little furnace or iron cage to keep fire for charring the within of a cask, and making the staves flexible.
- A cup of every incombustible product mounted upon a-pole or suspended from preceding, and serving to contain a light often made by the burning of a coil of pitched rope. Compare beacon.
- An iron framework used by coopers in home heating drums, to clear the within making the staves versatile.
- A kitchen utensil for setting a pot-over the fire.
- A chafer or tiny handheld furnace where a dish is set-to be held hot.
- Definition for "cresset"
- A metal glass, usually suspended on a-pole, containing…
- View More
- Sentence for "cresset"
- Same Context for "cresset"