- a person's constitution; the balance of humours in a person's body.
- a mix or combo.
- The contraction of a vowel or diphthong at the end of a word with a vowel or diphthong in the very beginning of the after term.
- a combination of constituents, at the time of the blood; constitution; temperament.
- A contraction of two vowels (because the last and initial vowels of united words) into one lengthy vowel, or into a diphthong; synæresis; as, cogo for coago.
- In medicine, the blend of the constituents of a fluid, whilst the blood; for this reason, temperament; constitution.
- In grammar, a figure wherein two different vowels tend to be contracted into one long vowel or into a diphthong, as alēthea into alēthē, teicheos into teichous. Its otherwise known as syneresis.
Definition for "crasis"
- a person's constitution; the balance of humours in…
Sentence for "crasis"
Synonym for "crasis"