- A practice using countries where the spouse of a lady in labor provides to his bed as though he were bearing the child.
- A practice among some peoples, including the Basques, associated with spouse of a woman in the last stages of being pregnant using to sleep, preventing particular foods, or imitating other behaviours of a pregnant lady.
- sympathetic maternity: the involuntary sympathetic experience of the spouse of the signs of his spouse's pregnancy, particularly weight gain or morning illness.
- A custom, among specific barbarous tribes, that when a lady offers birth to a child the woman husband takes to their bed, as though sick.
- A custom, reported in old in addition to contemporary times among some of the primitive races in all parts of the world, in accordance with which, after the delivery of a kid, the father takes to sleep, and obtains the delicacies and careful attention typically offered among civilized people to the caretaker.
- a custom among some peoples wherein the husband of a pregnant wife is placed to bed at the time of bearing the child
- A practice in certain cultures in which the husband of a woman in labor takes to his bed as though he were bearing the child.
- A practice among some individuals, for instance the Basques, of this husband of a female within the last stages of pregnancy using to bed, preventing certain foods, or imitating various other behaviours of a pregnant lady.
- sympathetic maternity: the involuntary sympathetic connection with the husband of outward indications of their spouse's pregnancy, such as for example fat gain or morning nausea.
- A custom, among specific barbarous tribes, whenever a lady gives birth to a kid her husband takes to their bed, as if ill.
- A custom, reported in old including modern times among a number of the ancient races in every parts of the world, according to which, following the birth of a kid, the daddy takes to sleep, and gets the delicacies and consideration frequently provided among civilized people to mom.
- a custom among some peoples wherein the spouse of a pregnant spouse is put to bed during bearing the kid
Definition for "couvade"
- A practice using countries where the spouse of…
- View More
Sentence for "couvade"
- In the late 19th century, psychologists…
- View More
Hypernym for "couvade"
- View More