- To shake or agitate violently: tremors that convulsed the countryside; when civil war convulsed the world. See Synonyms at agitate.
- To influence with unusual and involuntary muscular contractions; toss into convulsions.
- To cause to shake with laughter or powerful feeling.
- To contract violently and irregulary, because the muscular parts of an animal human body; to shake with unusual spasms, as with excessive laughter, or perhaps in agony from grief or pain.
- To agitate considerably; to shake violently.
- In order to become afflicted with or just as if by convulsions; shake.
- To violently shake or agitate.
- generate great laughter.
- be overcome with laughter
- cause to contract
- move or blend about violently
- make somebody convulse with laughter
- agreement involuntarily, as in a spasm
- shake uncontrollably
- to-draw or contract spasmodically or involuntarily, since the muscular areas of an animal human body; impact by irregular spasms: as, their whole frame had been convulsed with agony.
- To shake; disrupt by violent unusual activity; cause great or violent agitation in.
- Definition for "convulse"
- To shake or agitate violently: tremors that convulsed…
- View More
- Sentence for "convulse"
- Synonym for "convulse"
- Verb Forms for "convulse"
- Hypernym for "convulse"
- Etymologically Related for "convulse"
- Same Context for "convulse"