- A bruising of the mind caused by a blow, appearing in the opposite side to that particular on which the blow ended up being struck.
- A concussion or surprise made by a blow or other injury, in part or area contrary to this of which the blow is obtained, often causing rupture or disorganisation of this components impacted.
- In surgery, a fracture or an accident caused by a blow struck on some other part, as a fracture during the base of the head from a blow on the vertex.
- Definition for "contrecoup"
- Sentence for "contrecoup"