- To act or be counter to; violate: contravene an immediate purchase.
- To oppose in argument; gainsay: contravened the proposition. See Synonyms at deny.
- to fulfill in the form of resistance; in the future into conflict with; to oppose; to oppose; to impair the procedure of; to conquer.
- To violate; to nullify; become contradictory with.
- To act as opposed to an order, or don't adapt to a regulation.
- To deny the facts of some thing.
- deny the truth of
- not in favor of, since principles and regulations
- in the future or be incompatible with; oppose in principle or impact; impede the procedure or length of.
- to do something to be able to combat or violate; transgress: as, to contravene the law.
- Synonyms To get across, run counter to, militate against, contradict, defeat, nullify, counteract.
- Definition for "contravene"
- To act or be counter to; violate: contravene…
- View More
- Sentence for "contravene"
- Synonym for "contravene"
- Verb Forms for "contravene"
- Phrases for "contravene"
- Hypernym for "contravene"
- Cross Reference for "contravene"
- Etymologically Related for "contravene"
- Urban Dictionary for "contravene"
- ConflictGo against, since principles and rules
- View More