- An abnormal, frequently permanent shortening, as of muscle or scarring, that results in distortion or deformity, specially of a joint for the human body.
- A deformity caused by a contracture.
- An abnormal, sometimes permanent, contraction of a muscle; a deformity so caused
- a situation of permanent rigidity or contraction of muscles, generally speaking associated with the flexor muscles.
- Contraction, at the time of muscle tissue; contortion produced by muscular contraction; especially, a permanent shortening of a muscle.
- Taking; getting: as, contracture of a fever.
- an abnormal and in most cases permanent contraction of a muscle
- Definition for "contracture"
- An abnormal, frequently permanent shortening, as of muscle…
- View More
- Sentence for "contracture"
- Phrases for "contracture"
- Hypernym for "contracture"