- something special of corn, wine, oil, etc. or later of money, created by a Roman emperor toward troops and/or individuals.
- something special, as of corn, wine, or oil, produced by a Roman emperor on soldiers or the men and women; -- so called because measured every single in a congius.
- A largess or distribution of corn, oil, or wine, or, in later times, of income, among the list of individuals or soldiery of old Rome.
- A coin struck in commemoration of these a distribution.
- Definition for "congiary"
- something special of corn, wine, oil, etc. or…
- View More
- Sentence for "congiary"