Definition for "congee"
Sentence for "congee"
Synonym for "congee"
Hypernym for "congee"
Form for "congee"
Same Context for "congee"
Variant for "congee"
Urban Dictionary for "congee"
- Formal deviation, ceremonial leave-taking.
- A bow.
- A type of thick rice porridge or soup, often prepared with vegetables and/or beef.
- Boiled rice; rice gruel.
- A jail; a lockup.
- Leave to depart; leave-taking; dismissal; congé.
- An act of value carried out by people on splitting or taking leave; therefore, a customary work of reverence or civility on various other events; a bow or a courtesy.
- In Asia, rice-water or -gruel; water where rice is boiled, a great deal used in the dietary plan of invalids.
- Any gruel or comparable meals for invalids.
- (architecture) a concave molding
- formal authorization to depart
- an abrupt and unceremonious dismissal
- a Chinese rice gruel eaten for break fast
- To give leave or demand to leave; discount; just take leave of.
- To simply take keep with the customary civilities.
- To use ceremonious and respectful inclinations of the human body; bow; salute.
- leave after acquiring formal permission
- perform a ceremonious bow