- to help keep within bounds; limit: Kindly confine your remarks towards the problems at hand. See Synonyms at limitation.
- To shut or keep in, especially to imprison.
- To limit in motion: The ill youngster ended up being confined to sleep.
- To restrain within restrictions; to limit; to limit; to bound; to shut up; to inclose; to help keep near.
- To have a typical boundary; to border; to rest contiguous; to the touch; -- followed closely by on or with.
- The restrictions of a space or location; the boundaries: within the confines of 1 county.
- Restraining elements: wanted to escape the confines of corporate politics.
- Purview; scope: a theory which really inside the confines of research.
- Archaic A restriction.
- Obsolete A prison.
- typical boundary; edge; limitation; -- used chiefly when you look at the plural.
- Apartment; place of discipline; jail.
- A boundary-line or limitation; bound; border; precinct.
- That part of a territory which can be at or close to the border; the frontier: made use of usually inside plural, and often figuratively: because, the confines of France or of Scotland.
- Territory; region; area.
- An inhabitant of a contiguous region; a neighbor.
- someplace of confinement; a prison.
- In geom. of n-dimensions, that which corresponds to a closed amount in three dimensions.
- To restrict; to help keep within bounds; to close or keep in a restricted space or area
- deprive of freedom; simply take into confinement
- restrict or confine,
- to shut within bounds, restriction or hold-back from action
- destination restricts on (level or access)
- stop from leaving or from becoming eliminated
- Bordering; having a typical boundary; adjacent; contiguous.
- to own a common boundary; edge; abut; communicate: followed closely by on or with.
- To limit within bounds; limit; inclose; bound; hence, imprison; immure; shut up.
- Synonyms To bound, circumscribe, restrict, incarcerate.
- Definition for "confine"
- to help keep within bounds; limit: Kindly confine…
- View More
- Sentence for "confine"
- Quotes for "confine"
- "I am never going to have…"
- View More
- Synonym for "confine"
- Verb Forms for "confine"
- Phrases for "confine"
- Rhyme for "confine"
- Hyponym for "confine"
- Cross Reference for "confine"
- Same Context for "confine"