- An unbranched slim green freshwater alga.
- Any unbranched, slim, green plant of this fresh-water algae. The word is generally found in a wider feeling.
- A genus when the older botanists put many extremely heterogeneous species of filamentous cryptogams.
- [lowercase; pl. confervæ (-vē).] The common title of plants of this genus.
- any one of various algae of the genus Tribonema; algae with branching filaments that kind scum in nevertheless or stagnant fresh water
Sentence for "conferva"
Hypernym for "conferva"
Variant for "conferva"