- Deserved; sufficient: "On sober reflection, such worries over a person's condign punishment felt mindless” ( Henry Louis Gates, Jr.)
- Fitting, proper, deserved, particularly denoting discipline
- Worthy; ideal; deserving; fit.
- Deserved; sufficient; ideal to your fault or crime.
- fitting or appropriate and deserved; utilized particularly of punishment
- Deserving; worthy: applied to people.
- Well-deserved; worthily bestowed; merited; suitable: applied to things— With reference to praise or thanks.
- With reference to censure, discipline, or what is of nature of discipline: the greater typical usage.
Sentence for "condign"
- Adequate merit, also called condign merit,…
Synonym for "condign"
Equivalent for "condign"
Same Context for "condign"