- Of, concerning, or becoming a surface described as smooth, shell-like convexities and concavities, as on fractured obsidian.
- Of a kind of irregular fracture having planar, concentric curves, like those on a mussel shell. Of a mineral having these types of a fracture, such as flint.
- Having elevations or depressions in type like half of a bivalve shell; -- used principally to a surface produced by break.
- In mineralogy, having convex elevations and concave depressions like shells: used principally to such a surface produced by fracture, as exemplified in obsidian.
- In mathematics, relating or relating to the conchoid: as, Holm's conchoidal screw.
Sentence for "conchoidal"
- This is referred to as conchoidal…
- View More