- a more elaborate melody, especially in vocal songs and particularly in operatic singing associated with the eighteenth and 19th hundreds of years, with runs, trills, leaps, etc.
- Vocal songs colored, whilst were, by florid ornaments, runs, or rapid passages.
- A general term for works, trills, as well as other florid designs in singing music, in which solitary syllables regarding the words can be sung to several tones. Also known as coloring.
- a more elaborate melody, especially in vocal songs and especially in operatic singing for the 18th and nineteenth centuries, with runs, trills, leaps, etc.
- Vocal songs colored, as it were, by florid ornaments, works, or rapid passages.
- a broad term for runs, trills, as well as other florid decorations in singing songs, which solitary syllables associated with words should be sung to several shades. Also called coloring.
Sentence for "colorature"
- 'colorature' singer of the latest style…