- Brittle whenever cold (that's, below a red temperature).
- brittle when cool
- Brittle when cold (which, below a red heat).
- Brittle when cold: as, cold-short iron.
- Brittle when cold: as, cold-short metal.
- In founding, a seam in a casting brought on by the congealing associated with the metal therefore rapidly concerning prevent a suitable filling of this mildew. Additionally cold-shut.
- In founding, a seam in a casting brought on by the congealing regarding the metal therefore rapidly regarding prevent a suitable filling of this mold. Also cold-shut.