- some of several annual weeds regarding the genus Xanthium into the composite family members, having tiny seedlike fresh fruits enclosed within a prickly bur that clings readily to clothes or pet fur.
- A bur of this plant.
- the coarse composite weeds of genus Xanthium, with a prickly fresh fruit.
- A coarse, composite weed, having a rough or prickly good fresh fruit; one of several types of the genus Xanthium; -- called in addition clotbur.
- The clot-bur, Xanthium Strumarium, a weedy composite plant with close spiny involucres.
- The agrimony, Agrimonia Eupatoria.
- The burdock, Arctium Lappa.
- any coarse weed of this genus Xanthium having spiny burrs
- burdock having heart-shaped leaves present in available woodland, hedgerows and rough grassland of European countries (except severe N) and Asia Minor; often developed for medicinal and culinary usage
- any coarse weed of the genus Xanthium having spiny burrs
Sentence for "cocklebur"
Hypernym for "cocklebur"
Variant for "cocklebur"