- Biology Having one end thickened; club-shaped: clavate antennae.
- Resembling a club, becoming more and more broad from base to your distal end.
- Club-shaped; having the form of a club; growing slowly thicker toward the most effective. [See Illust. of antennae.]
- Club-shaped; having the kind of a club; developing gradually thicker toward the most notable; claviform.
- Like a nail.
Sentence for "clavate"
- Curious transformation in Carthamus was observed,…
Synonym for "clavate"
Cross Reference for "clavate"
Equivalent for "clavate"