- Of a compound, containing chlorine with a lesser oxidation quantity than equivalent chloric compounds; specially having an oxidation range 3.
- regarding, or resembling, the electronegative character of chlorine; thus, electronegative; in opposition to basylous or zincous.
- Of, regarding, or produced by, chlorine; -- said of the compounds of chlorine in which this element has a valence of three, the second below in chloric compounds.
- with respect to, or resembling, the electro-negative character of chlorine; thus, electro-negative; -- in opposition to basylous or zincous.
- Pertaining to or containing chlorin; specifically, containing chlorin in larger proportion than chloric substances: because, chlorous oxid; chlorous acid.
Sentence for "chlorous"
- These elements which are disengaged at…
Cross Reference for "chlorous"