- Any of numerous unicellular green algae of the genus Chlorella, quickly cultured and often found in researches of photosynthesis along with other experiments.
- Any single-celled green alga, associated with genus Chlorella, found especially in stagnant liquid; now produced commercially as a food supplement.
- A genus of unicellular grass-green algæ happening in symbiotic relationship with Hydra, Paramœcium, Ophrydium, and similar forms; the ‘yellow cell’ of Radiolaria.
- any alga of the genus Chlorella
Sentence for "chlorella"
- In addition, one should take chlorella,…
Hypernym for "chlorella"