- a mode in art showing Chinese impact through using elaborate design and complex patterns.
- An object showing Chinese creative influence.
- a mode in art, or an artistic object, that reflects the influence of Chinese art
- Chinese conduct, art, decoration, or even the love; additionally, a specimen of Chinese manners, art, decoration, etc.
- a style in art reflecting Chinese influence, being elaborately decorated and intricately patterned.
- Chinese conduct, techniques, or ways of performing things; a Chinese characteristic.
- A Chinese curio, knickknack, or item: because, “Japanese tea-trays, chinoiseries,” etc., skip Braddon.
- a mode in art reflecting Chinese impact; elaborately embellished and intricately designed
Sentence for "chinoiserie"
- Dear rootlesscosmo: Thanks for the party…
Hypernym for "chinoiserie"
Same Context for "chinoiserie"