- An obstacle composed of barbed wire or surges attached with a wooden framework, regularly prevent adversary advancement.
- An obstacle manufactured from jagged glass or spikes set into masonry above a wall.
- some timber or a metal barrel traversed with iron-pointed surges or spears, five or six legs long, familiar with guard a passageway, stop a breach, or hinder the advance of cavalry, etc.
- just like chevaux-de-frise.
- A kind of trimming in a pattern of radiating and crossing directly, lines.
- protective framework composed of a movable obstacle consists of barbed-wire or surges attached with a wooden frame; familiar with obstruct cavalry
Sentence for "cheval-de-frise"
- During the floods, however, this cheval-de-frise…
Hypernym for "cheval-de-frise"
Variant for "cheval-de-frise"