Definition for "chestnut"
- some of several deciduous trees associated with the…
Sentence for "chestnut"
Synonym for "chestnut"
Phrases for "chestnut"
Rhyme for "chestnut"
Hypernym for "chestnut"
Cross Reference for "chestnut"
Equivalent for "chestnut"
Etymologically Related for "chestnut"
Same Context for "chestnut"
Urban Dictionary for "chestnut"
- some of several deciduous trees associated with the genus Castanea native to north temperate regions, having alternate simple toothed leaves, and nuts which are enclosed in a prickly husk.
- The usually delicious nut of any of these woods.
- The timber of any of these trees.
- any one of various other plants, for instance the horse-chestnut.
- A moderate to deep reddish brown.
- A reddish-brown horse.
- a little hard callus from the inner area of a horse's foreleg.
- An old, frequently duplicated laugh, tale, or track.
- A tree or shrub of the genus Castanea.
- The nut for this tree or shrub.
- A dark, reddish-brown colour/color.
- A reddish-brown horse.
- The wood of a chestnut tree.
- (usually "old chestnut") A worn-out meme; a work many times duplicated on have grown boring.
- an integral part of a horse on the internal leg, like a birthmark on a human.
- The edible nut of a forest tree (Castanea vesce) of Europe and America. Commonly several associated with peanuts develop in a prickly bur.
- The tree it self, or its light, coarse-grained timber, utilized for decorative work, furnishings, etc.
- A bright brown color, like that of fan.
- The horse chestnut (frequently very much accustomed in England).
- among round, or oval, horny plates in the inner sides of the legs regarding the horse, and allied animals.
- a vintage laugh or story.
- The fruit of trees associated with genus Castanea. See 2.
- The tree Castanea vesca, normal purchase Cupuliferœ, a native of western Asia, south European countries, in addition to usa east of this Mississippi.
- A name fond of specific woods or flowers of various other genera, and to their good fresh fruit. See below.
- along with of a chestnut; a reddish-brown shade.
- In farriery, the bur or horny wart-like excrescence from the inner part of a horse's leg.
- [In allusion to a stale or worm-eaten chestnut.] A Vintage laugh; a trite jest; a stale pun or anecdote; a “Joe Miller.”
- A worn-out term or catchword; a phrase or expression serious in kind and intention, but which has ceased, through useless repetition, to command interest or value.
- delicious fan of any of numerous chestnut trees associated with the genus Castanea
- any of a few appealing deciduous woods yellow-brown in autumn; yield a tough wood and delicious nuts in a prickly bur
- a little horny callus regarding internal area of a horse's leg
- lumber of every of various chestnut trees for the genus Castanea
- a dark golden-brown or reddish-brown horse
- the brown color of chestnuts
- Of a moderate to deep reddish-brown.
- Of a-deep reddish-brown colour, that way of a chestnut.
- Of or relating of a chestnut; of a reddish brown shade.
- (of hair or feathers) of a golden brown to reddish brown color
- for the color of a chestnut; of a reddish-brown color; castaneous.
- additionally spelled chesnut.