- Either of two pieces of oak fitted to the topsides of a square-rigged vessel for each side of the bow by which the bowlines were fed; often decoratively created
- a bit of pine bolted perpendicularly on the side of a vessel, to assist in drawing down and acquiring the clew associated with the mainsail.
- In ship-building, a beam of wood formerly bolted to the side of a ship abaft the fore-chains, to which the main-tack had been hauled down.
- Definition for "chesstree"
- Either of two pieces of oak fitted to…
- View More
- Sentence for "chesstree"