- The unexpected development and collapse of low-pressure bubbles in fluids by means of technical causes, like those resulting from rotation of a marine propeller.
- The pitting of a good surface.
- Medicine The formation of cavities in a body tissue or an organ, specially those created into the lung as a result of tuberculosis.
- the forming of pits on a surface.
- The formation, in a fluid, of vapor bubbles that quickly failure; especially in a rotating marine propeller or pump impeller.
- the forming of cavities in an organ, particularly in lung muscle as a result of tuberculosis.
- the forming of holes or cavities within an agitated fluid.
Sentence for "cavitation"
- This process, called cavitation, can destroy…
Form for "cavitation"
Same Context for "cavitation"