- A concave molding with a cross area that approximates one fourth circle.
- A concave moulding.
- A concave molding; -- utilized chiefly in traditional design. See Illust. of line.
- In structure, a hollow member, or round concave molding, containing at least the quadrant of a circle, found in cornices, amongst the tori of basics, etc.
- In attractive art, a hollow or recessed design: the opposite of relief and rilievo.
- a concave molding shaped like 25 % circle-in cross section
Sentence for "cavetto"
- This incised brass tray was described…
Hypernym for "cavetto"
Cross Reference for "cavetto"
Variant for "cavetto"